Puget Sound Blood Center has been selected as a finalist in Toyota’s 100 Cars for Good for the third year in a row — we could potentially win a new Toyota Prius to deliver blood from our testing centers to 70 hospitals in Western Washington.
How patients and PSBC will benefit from a new Toyota Prius:
Meeting the needs for hospitals throughout Western Washington requires coordination of thousands of blood donors, armies of volunteers to deliver blood, and hundreds of miles on the road. A team of
machinists do their best to maintain our courier cars. However, with such heavy use the vehicles must eventually be replaced. Breakdowns are not an option when people’s lives are on the line.
Taylor is an example of a patient helped by our programs. When she was just twelve years old, she was diagnosed with leukemia. Over eight months of treatment, she received sixty-seven units of blood to help her survive. Today, Taylor is back to being a happy, active young woman. She owes her life to PSBC and to the donors who selflessly gave their blood. Thanks to our community’s support, Taylor can enjoy more birthdays, graduations, and other life celebrations.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 5 is the big day.
We can’t do it without our community’s support. We need your vote.
- Vote for us on SATURDAY, OCTOBER 5. Log into Facebook and then go to apps.facebook.com/carsforgood or visit 100carsforgood.com — look for us under “finalists.” Voting is open from 7 a.m. until 8:59:59 p.m. PT.
- Share this message with your family, friends, and colleagues and encourage their support in this national competition — ask them to vote for us on October 5.
- Set a voting reminder before October 5: find Puget Sound Blood Center under the “finalists” tab at apps.facebook.com/carsforgood/ and click the “remind me” link.
A couple of important pieces of information:
- Depending on your individual settings, you may need to “allow” access to the voting app (you are not required to “like” the voting app). Additionally, use an up-to-date browser — if you are having problems, it could be related to your browser and/or security settings.
- You are allowed two votes per Facebook account on October 5 — one for us and one for another organization you feel deserves a vehicle.
Please vote for Puget Sound Blood Center on October 5 — thousands of patients who need blood will thank you!